Sunday, November 11, 2012

Alyn Wheels of Love 2012: Day 1

Today is the first day of the Wheels of Love ride. Since this blog was created as part of my fundraising efforts it seems the ideal place to post updates. 


At 9.30 there was a short opening ceremony led by the mayor of Arad. We then rode downhill until we hit Nachal Tszelim. After a short break for lunch, we headed back to Arad, a total distance of approximately 40km.

In terms of riding, the actual terrain wasn't that bad. What made riding difficult was the wind. In certain places, we were very exposed. It was hard to ride and try to avoid hitting other riders.

Apart from snapping my chain, my ride passed almost without incident. Luckily, one of the ride's mechanics was riding near me. He fixed my chain, and gave me a short lecture on how I shouldn't change gears while riding uphill.



No comments:

Post a Comment